Program for post-secondary athletes, who are committed to racing, and training year -round with the ultimate goal of performing at their personal best at the Canadian National Championships. Sr. National athletes will attend O cup races, World Jr/U23 Trial races, Eastern Canadian Championships, OUACs, Nationals, as well as select other races as determined by the coach.
Athletes wishing to develop coaching skills will be given the opportunity to assist the head coach with coaching and mentoring younger Team Hardwood athletes. Interested athletes may also get support for coaching certification.
- September 1st to 1stsnow:Dryland Training offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Monday and Thursday sessions will be strength sessions held on Zoom.
- 1stsnow through April: On snow training offered Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday (except race weekends)
- December Races: Canada Cup, December O-Cup and local races
- January / February: local races, Ontario Cups, World Jr/U23 Trial races and Canadian Eastern Championships, and OUACs
- March/April– Nationals at Nakkertok, OCups, local races
Online registration (program plus trail pass) at zone4.ca is now open HERE
Covid 19 and Return to Play (RTP)
Team Hardwood is committed to keeping everyone safe and healthy during the pandemic. All athletes who intend to register for our programs will have to attend a mandatory RTP information and orientation meeting in September before participating in any of our programs. During these meetings we will review the XCSO RTP Protocol as well as the team rules and regulations that we have in place in order to follow this Protocol. The meetings for the Sr. National/National/Provincial programs will take place via Zoom either on Tuesday September 8 or Thursday Sept 10 at 7 pm. Please indicate which meeting you will be attending on the Google sheet that will be circulated. Everyone who joins one of the Team Hardwood programs for the fall and winter will have to sign off on the updated XCSO Return to Play Protocol as a part of the registration process. Due to insurance reasons only those who are club members and who have signed off on the RTP Protocol will be allowed to attend training sessions.
Here is a link to the XCSO RTP Protocol. Please read it before the meeting.