The Junior program is designed to motivate skiers in Grades 6 through 8 (and Grade 5 upon coach’s assessment) who consider Nordic skiing their favourite winter sport. Skiers will learn skate and classic technique through coordination and agility drills, demonstrations and trail skiing adventures. Our staff is trained to work with a wide range of abilities; we have progressions to fit your needs. Program content is age appropriate and FUN! The program will be led by Kim Getty with support from Head Coach Jack Sasseville & parent volunteers (see Parent Volunteers section).
- Starts September 21st, 2019 (orientation day and start of program)
- Two training days in the fall (Wednesday & Saturday)
- Three training days when skiing Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Training between Christmas and New Year
- Athletes will attend local and regional races like the SOD paraffin series and loppets.
- Race trip to Ontario Youth Championships at Timmins
- $799 + HST + SOD,CCO,CCC fee of $19, + 20% discounted winter trail pass (on Super Early Bird pricing ) for Hardwood Ski and Bike. Skiers aged 13-19 is $319.20 + HST. Skiers 20 and over is $367.20 + HST. Skiers aged 6-12 is $95.20 + HST. This discounted winter trail pass also extends to parents and siblings of program skiers. Program skiers receive a 20% discount on race entries to Hardwood Ski and Bike organized races. Skiers and immediate family members receive a 15% discount on regularly priced items in the retail and service department.
- Online registration at zone4.ca will open in early September (2 separate registrations for program & trail pass) under registration page search for Team Hardwood
Online registration (program plus trail pass) at zone4.ca is now available HERE.
Athletes will also incur all costs associated with travel and race fees in addition to program fees.