The Junior program is designed to motivate skiers in Grades 5 through 8 (and younger athletes upon coach’s assessment) who consider Nordic skiing their favourite winter sport. Skiers will further develop skate and classic technique through coordination and agility drills, demonstrations and trail skiing adventures. Program content is age appropriate and FUN! The program will be led by Jason and Sarah Vurma with support from Head Coach Jack Sasseville, Bronwen Lash & volunteers.
- Skills assessment will take place on Saturday, September 24th for all new and returning athletes.
- Program starts on Saturday, October 1st.
- Two training days in the fall (Tuesdays – at Hardwood until the time change, then zoom strength until the snow arrives & Saturday mornings)
- Three training days when skiing (Tuesday evening, Saturday & Sunday mornings)
- Training between Christmas and New Year
- Athletes will attend local and regional races like the SOD paraffin series and loppets.
- Race trip to one OCup race and to the Ontario Youth Championships.
- $859 + HST + SOD, CCO, CCC fee of $21, + 20% discounted winter trail pass (on Super Early Bird pricing) for Hardwood Ski and Bike. This pass will be available for purchase through Hardwood Ski and Bike. Skiers aged 13-19 is $360 + HST. Skiers 20 and over is $420 + HST. Skiers aged 6-12 is $116 + HST. For parents there is a discounted couples pass of $728 + HST. This discounted winter trail pass also extends to parents and siblings of program skiers. Program skiers receive a 20% discount on race entries to Hardwood Ski and Bike organized races. Skiers and immediate family members receive a 15% discount on regularly priced items in the retail and service department.
- Online registration at zone4.ca will open in late August (2 separate registrations for program & trail pass) under registration page search for Team Hardwood
- Program fees include all waxing fees. Parents are encouraged to volunteer in the wax trailer during the season.
Online registration at zone4.ca is now available HERE.
Athletes will also incur all costs associated with travel and race fees in addition to program fees.