The Provincial program is focused on high school aged athletes (and Grade 8 upon coach’s assessment) who want to train for cross country skiing in a structured, competition-oriented group. The racing focus for this program is on local Ontario Cup and SOD Paraffin Cup and other local loppet and high school races. The training and technique instruction is designed to push athletes to achieve at a higher level of fitness and competency. The full value of the program is derived from the consistent day to day relationship the skier develops with their coach and teammates.
Coaches will provide solid, consistent training and racing opportunities for motivated athletes while simultaneously fostering a lifelong love for an active, outdoor lifestyle. There will be a number of travel opportunities for Provincial Program athletes who are interested in racing the Ontario Cup level races, as well as attending local & regional races.
- September 12th to 1stsnow: Dryland Training offered on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday – athletes may choose 3sessions a week to attend. Monday and Thursday sessions will be strength sessions held on Zoom.
- 1stsnow through March: Training sessions will be offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday (except race weekends)- athletes may choose 3sessions a week to attend;
- December: Early season races – December O-Cup and local races
- January / February– local races, Ontario Cups and Canadian Eastern Championships,
- March– local races and OCups
Online registration (program plus trail pass) at zone4.ca is now open HERE.
Covid 19 and Return to Play (RTP)
Team Hardwood is committed to keeping everyone safe and healthy during the pandemic. All athletes who intend to register for our programs will have to attend a mandatory RTP information and orientation meeting in September before participating in any of our programs. During these meetings we will review the XCSO RTP Protocol as well as the team rules and regulations that we have in place in order to follow this Protocol. The meetings for the Sr. National/National/Provincial programs will take place via Zoom either on Tuesday September 8 or Thursday Sept 10 at 7 pm. Please indicate which meeting you will be attending by completing the Google sheet that will be circulated. Everyone who joins one of the Team Hardwood programs for the fall and winter will have to sign off on the updated XCSO Return to Play Protocol as a part of the registration process. Due to insurance reasons only those who are club members and who have signed off on the RTP Protocol will be allowed to attend training sessions.
Here is a link to the XCSO RTP Protocol. Please read it before the meeting.