Team Hardwood National Program forms the foundation of the Team Hardwood racing team and is geared for high school aged athletes (and Grade 8 upon coach’s assessment) who wish to commit to year round training with the ultimate goal of performing at their personal best at the Canadian National Championships.Our goal is to help athletes improve their technique and racing skills and we aim to expose skiers to as many racing opportunities as possible in a year- round program that builds skills, endurance and familiarity with what it takes to be a full-time skier. Athletes benefit from training with a group of peers who motivate and support each other.
- September 1st to 1stsnow– Dryland Training offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday. Monday and Thursday sessions will be strength sessions held on Zoom
- 1stsnow through April: On snow training offered Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday &/Sunday (except race weekends)
- December: Canada Cup and December O-Cup and local races
- January / February– local races, Ontario Cups, World Jr/U23 Trial races and Canadian Eastern Championships.
- March/April– Nationals at Nakkertok, OCups, local races
Online registration (program plus trail pass) at zone4.ca is now open HERE.
Covid 19 and Return to Play (RTP)
Team Hardwood is committed to keeping everyone safe and healthy during the pandemic. All athletes who intend to register for our programs will have to attend a mandatory RTP information and orientation meeting in September before participating in any of our programs. During these meetings we will review the XCSO RTP Protocol as well as the team rules and regulations that we have in place in order to follow this Protocol. The meetings for the Sr. National/National/Provincial programs will take place via Zoom either on Tuesday September 8 or Thursday Sept 10 at 7 pm. Please indicate which meeting you will be attending on the Google sheet that will be circulated. Everyone who joins one of the Team Hardwood programs for the fall and winter will have to sign off on the updated XCSO Return to Play Protocol as a part of the registration process. Due to insurance reasons only those who are club members and who have signed off on the RTP Protocol will be allowed to attend training sessions.
Here is a link to the XCSO RTP Protocol. Please read it before the meeting.